Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
With only 3 ingredients this is just about the simplest and most refreshing appetizer you can serve. One tbsp of nutmeg sounds like a lot but don't be afraid to try it. The flavour works very well with the pineapple. This recipe comes from More Fun and Flavour with Spices
- 1 (19 ounce) can pineapple chunks or 1 fresh pineapple
- 1 cup sugar (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and chill the can of pineapple or if using fresh pineapple, cut off peel and slice in thin slices then cut slices into wedges.
- Combine sugar and nutmeg in a small serving bowl and place it in the centre of a serving plate or small tray.
- Place pineapple chunks around the bowl and stick coloured picks into them, ready for guests to dip in the spiced sugar.