Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
With only 3 ingredients this is just about the simplest and most refreshing appetizer you can serve. One tbsp of nutmeg sounds like a lot but don't be afraid to try it. The flavour works very well with the pineapple. This recipe comes from More Fun and Flavour with Spices
- 1 (19 ounce) can pineapple chunks or 1 fresh pineapple
- 1 cup sugar (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg (or to taste)
- Drain and chill the can of pineapple or if using fresh pineapple, cut off peel and slice in thin slices then cut slices into wedges.
- Combine sugar and nutmeg in a small serving bowl and place it in the centre of a serving plate or small tray.
- Place pineapple chunks around the bowl and stick coloured picks into them, ready for guests to dip in the spiced sugar.
Yum! How easy is this! The nutmeg is excellent with the pineapple. I used fresh pineapple. Thanks for sharing! Veggie Swap 57
Simple and delicious! This was the perfect ending to a lunch for a friend and me! Thanks for posting! Made for Veg'N Swap 37!
Just perfect! I made this as written and took it to a meeting to share. Everyone raved about how good it was and how much they loved the sugar-nutmeg dip. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7-Pacific Islands.