Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a very moist cake. It is good with all the variations, too!
Make and share this Pineapple Angel Food Cake With Variations recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) box angel food cake mix
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- Mix the angel food cake and the pineapple (or desired flavor ingredients) together and mix by hand until blended.
- Pour into a greased 9" x 13".
- Bake at 350° for 35 - 40 minute.
- Lemon- 1 cup plus 3 T water, 2 T lemon juice and 2 t grated lemon peel.
- Orange Citrus - 1 C water,1/4 C orange juice and 2 t grated orange rind.
- Cherry - 1 can (20 oz.) lite cherry pie filling.
- Black Cherry - add 1/2 C cocoa to cherry version.
- Cotton Candy - 1 small pkg. (3 oz.) any flavor sugar free gelatin and 1 1/4 C water.
- Margarita - 1 C plus 2 T water, 2 T fresh lime juice and 1 1/2 t grated lime rind.
- Pina Colada - add 1 T coconut extract (and 1 T rum extract if desired)to pineapple
- Pumpkin - 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin, 3/4 C water, 1 T vanilla and 1 T pumpkin pie spice (or spices for spice cake -- below).
- Spice - 1 1/4 C water, 1 1/2 t cinnamon, 1/2 t ginger, 1/2 t nutmeg and 1/4 t ground cloves.
I love angel food cake and this recipe makes it a breeze to make. Loved the variations too.
Really good. Made it tonight, as a quick cake for my husbands birthday. His favorite cake is Pineapple Upside, and this was very similar to it, but MUCH easier. I used a bundt pan, but it didn't want to release from the pan... But that was ok, we just scooped it out and ate it warm. It was very tasty. I will definitely make it again!
Great and easy recipe! For topping I put instant vanilla pudding with a little reserved pineapple juice in it and then added cool whip on top of that! Thanks for posting!