Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My good friend gave me this recipe. She serves it at her "girls" functions. It is light and good. I think it would be great with fresh strawberry slices in the summer. My family really likes it and I just serve the pieces with a dollop of cool whip instead of frosting the entire cake. It keeps the cake from getting soggy. Hope you enjoy it.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (not drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) box angel food cake mix (fat free)
- 1 (12 ounce) container fat-free whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a bowl mix pineapple (including juice) with the cake mix until completely moist.
- Pour into prepared dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Spread Cool Whip on completely cooled cake or dollop on serving pieces as needed.