Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are a cakelike cookie. The recipe was featured on a local morning news show, and was credited to Happy Cookies bakery in NE Wisconsin.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 2⁄3 cups vanilla baking chips (10 oz package)
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease cookie sheets (or use parchment paper).
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until well-blended; add eggs and vanilla. Blend in pineapple and juice. In another bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well-blended.
- Stir in nuts and chips.
- Drop by tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool.
These cookies are good. The dough was a little sticky but I was afraid to add a bit more flour as I know they are supposed to be cake-like which they are.