Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This one has cream cheese in it and uses canned sweet potatoes
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks (save juice)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 (17 ounce) cans sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- Combine pineapple juice from can with enough water to make 1/2 cup.
- Add orange juice, nutmeg and salt.
- Mix in cream cheese and stir on low heat until smooth.
- Drain and slice sweet potatoes.
- Add with pineapple chunks to cream cheese mixture.
- Add chopped pecans.
- Put into a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Top with more chopped pecans, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe is a great change from the "normal" sweet potatoes. I added a bit of brown sugar to the cream cheese mixture, about 3 or 4 Tablespoons. It was good without it but we have a bit of a sweet tooth. Fresh nutmeg was a must along with marshmallows. Thanks for sharing.