Recipe by :)Shirl(:
Found on the back of my new love Jasamine Rice. This rice smells so amazing while it is cooking, then the taste is just as good. I have not tried this recipe as shrimp is not something that I have on hand all the time. I'm going to have to make a special effort to buy some, just to fix this. I'm thinking that a good Chow Mein or Almond Chicken would go good, but it might do just as well on its own.
- 1 cup jasamine rice
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 large red chile, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro, coarsley chopped
- 2 cups fresh shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare rice according to package directions and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, onions, chili and cilantro; mix and set aside.
- Heat 1 TBL oil in skillet, saute shrimp until done, remove from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, over medium heat, add remaining oil.
- Saute garlic until golden brown.
- Add cooked rice and stir.
- Add fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar.
- Stir and heat thoroughly.
- Fold in pineapple mixture and shrimp.
- Heat through.
- Garnish with cilantro when serving.