Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found on the back of my new love Jasamine Rice. This rice smells so amazing while it is cooking, then the taste is just as good. I have not tried this recipe as shrimp is not something that I have on hand all the time. I'm going to have to make a special effort to buy some, just to fix this. I'm thinking that a good Chow Mein or Almond Chicken would go good, but it might do just as well on its own.
- 1 cup jasamine rice
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 large red chile, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh cilantro, coarsley chopped
- 2 cups fresh shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- Prepare rice according to package directions and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, onions, chili and cilantro; mix and set aside.
- Heat 1 TBL oil in skillet, saute shrimp until done, remove from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, over medium heat, add remaining oil.
- Saute garlic until golden brown.
- Add cooked rice and stir.
- Add fish sauce, soy sauce and sugar.
- Stir and heat thoroughly.
- Fold in pineapple mixture and shrimp.
- Heat through.
- Garnish with cilantro when serving.