Recipe by Dancer^
I make this for christmas eve dinner, it turned out perfect. I used basmati rice. Points 3.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked long grain brown rice or 1 1⁄2 cups brown basmati rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 8 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, and diced
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup crushed canned pineapple, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- When the rice is almost done cooking, sauté the red pepper and shiitake mushrooms in the canola oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the green onion and pineapple.
- Continue to sauté for 1 more minute.
- Using a fork, add the rice to the vegetables in the pan.
- Cook, breaking up the rice by stirring it, until it is well combined.
- Serve immediately.
- *If desired, you can enhance the flavor of the pineapple by "caramelizing."
- In a nonstick pan over high heat, stir well-drained pineapple until it is slightly golden (about 5 to 10 minutes).