Recipe by Sackville
Serve this for a cool summer treat that also looks beautiful, especially when served in tall champagne glasses!
Top Review by Pets'R'us
At the moment(early April)the straw and raspberries are still expensive but it was worth it. I have a juicer, so it was quick to make, I did not have to push the fruit through a sieve. I only used 1 tablespoon of the sugar, but that is a peronal taste. I drink a lot of fruit and vegetable juices and will certainly treat myself to this healthy and lovely drink again!
For the raspberry juice
- 250 g fresh raspberries
- 200 g fresh strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1 lime, juice of
For the pineapple juice
- 1 small ripe pineapple, peeled
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 grapefruit, juiced
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1⁄2 lime, cut into four slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the raspberry juice by whizzing together the raspberries, strawberries and icing sugar.
- Press through a sieve into a jug.
- Add about 100ml water to the sieve and push through the pulp to get as much flavour out of it as possible.
- Stir in the lime juice and chill until needed.
- Now make the pineapple juice by chopping up the flesh and whizzing in your food processor with the icing sugar.
- Push through a sieve into a jug.
- Add 100ml water and stir in the grapefruit, orange and lime juice.
- Stir until needed.
- Put a few ice cubes and a slice of lime in each glass.
- Fill up with the pineapple juice, then top with the raspberry juice.