This is very tasty. Good on anything you'd put jam on. Great as a filling for a pineapple layer cake. Cooking time does NOT include the overnight setting.
- In a heavy pot, mix together the chopped pineapple, the grated lemon peel, the lemon juice (2 tbsp), and the wine.
- Let set overnight.
- The next day put pot on a medium flame and bring to a mild boil.
- Add the sugar and bring back to a boil.
- Continue to boil for about an hour or until the jelly-stage is reached.
- If desired, use a potato masher to break-up the larger pineapple pieces.
- Ladle into jars, seal and water bath process for 10-mins.
- When processed, invert the jars to cool for an hour, then upright them. This prevents all pineapple chunks from floating to the top of the jar.
- This yields 3 half-pints with a little left over for the fridge.