Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe from the 1980 version of the Grace Evangelical Congregational Church cookbook from Muir, Pennsylvania that was given to me by my Nana when I became an adult. This recipe was submitted to the cookbook by Dolores Jones.
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 8 1⁄2 ounces crushed pineapple, canned
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Cream the cream cheese.
- Add remaining ingredients, reserving 1/4 cup of the chopped pecans. Chill.
- Form into a ball and roll in the reserved pecans.
You have A GREAT TASTING CHEESE BALL here, Sarah Jayne, especially when rolled in (what amounted to almost 1/2 cup of) pecans that had been toasted! I chopped the green pepper very fine, as I did the sweet Walla Walla onion that I used! Thanks for posting! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my vegetarian partners in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 3]