Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the Deen Bros Y'all Come and Eat Cookbook
Make and share this Pineapple and Peach Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, unsalted, melted (plus additional for coating dish)
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons flour (all purpose)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, sharp, shredded (2 cups)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained (reserve 6 tablespoons juice)
- 20 ounces canned peach halves, in light syrup, drained and finely chopped
- 1 cup butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour.
- Gradually stir in the cheese.
- Add the pineapple chunks and peaches, stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole.
- In a medium bowl stir together the 1/2 cup melted butter, reserved pineapple juice, and the cracker crumbs, stirring with a rubber scraper until evenly blended.
- Spread crumb mixture on top of pineapple mixture.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.