Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I just got a new juicer and my husband and I had been drinking alot of pineapple juice lately. Partly because he has alot of meat in his diet and pineapple juice is very alkalizing to the acidity in our body. Also, we had been posted to Thailand and pineapples here are so cheap and sweet here. It feels wasteful to throw away the pineapple pulp, and since the texture is excellant to make jam, i decided to make it for our yearly Christmas giveaways. I added passionfruit since I love the fragrance, and it turned out to be a perfect combination. I couldn't find any pectin, hence I had to make the jam the traditional way, slow-cooking it.
- 3 fresh pineapple (medium sized)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup sugar (adjust according to liking, I didn't like mine too sweet)
- 5 tablespoons passion fruit pulp
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch allspice
- Juice the pineapples in a juicer and save the pulp.
- Heat the pineapple pulp and the rest of the ingredients in a pot over medium heat until it comes to a boil
- Mix well.
- Switch it to low heat and allow the mixture to come to a slow rolling boil and leave it uncovered.
- Keep watch and stir at regular intervals to avoid mixture from getting burnt.
- Allow to cook for another 30 minutes or so, or until your desired consistency.
- Store in glass jar and keep refrigerated.