Recipe by Zee
This is my favorite cold pasta salad. I'll eat it every day, every meal, until its gone. I love the dill and add more than the recipe suggests. This will feed an army. The number of servings is set at 8 but it seems more to me. I usually half the recipe unless I'm doing it for a potluck or company. Refrigeration time is not included in preparation or cook time. From Brand Name Recipes Cookbook.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 lb cooked ham, diced
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 1⁄4 cups Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple. In large bowl, combine pineapple, ham, red pepper, peas, celery and macaroni. To make dressing, in 1 quart measure, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, onion powder, black pepper and dill weed. Stir dressing into pineapple mixture. Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours before serving to allow flavors to blend.