Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This pineapple salsa is ideal for summer barbecues. Serve it as a dip with white corn chips, on top of grilled fish, throughout a salad of prawns or along side any chicken dish. The best time to make this is about 1/3rd of the way into pineapple season as that is when they are at their sweetest and luckily also when summer is in full swing. Should the pineapple be out of season or not sweet enough, a touch of brown sugar may be added at this stage. Retain as much of the pineapple juice as possible when dicing.
- 1 sweet fresh pineapple (finely diced)
- 1 red onion (finely diced)
- 1 bunch mint leaf (chopped)
- 1 bunch coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced (bell pepper)
- extra virgin olive oil
- flaked sea salt
- black pepper
- Combine the pineapple, onion, mint, coriander and capsicum in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in some extra virgin olive oil until desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Yummy! This was a very refreshing salsa and was so yummy. I kept to the recipe but had to change one thing, I used 825 gram in natural juice tin pineapple because the fresh ones at the supermarket were still raw. The flavour of the recipe wasn't compromised even though I used a tin pineapple but I bet it would be even better with a fresh pineapple. We all really enjoyed this salsa, served it with Easy Calamari Cajun Style With Lime Vinaigrette. Thank you darang61