Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is easy to put together, and tasty as ever! This loaf is moist and dense with a great texture. These can be made into muffins also, but the cooking time may significantly decrease.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 0.5 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, not drained
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Combine ingredients in order given one at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in a 350 degree oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Made as muffins, baked for 20 minutes, came out perfect, rave reviews from hubby. Very moist, but not crumbly. Will toast coconut before adding next time, also add a few toasted pecans -- that can't be bad.
This is easy to make and very good. It does crumble easily.
I love this recipe and make it all the time! I use less coconut that what the recipe calls for. One time I tried it with some chopped walnuts and it was fabulous!