Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
An oriental twist to a delicious chicken-rice salad.
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, plus
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 12 ounces chicken tenders, cut crosswise into ½ inch wide strips
- 2 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups basmati rice or 1 1⁄2 cups long-grain rice
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup cubed peeled pineapple
- 1 kiwi, peeled,cubed
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 large curly lettuce leaves
- Mix 2 tsps soy sauce, 1 tsp oil, 2 tsps garlic and 1 tsp ginger in medium bowl.
- Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 ¾ cups water to boil in medium saucepan.
- Add rice; return to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- Uncover; let stand until cool.
- Season chicken.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- Add chicken with marinade to skillet and sauté until golden-brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Whisk lime juice, 1 tblp soy sauce, 2 tblsps oil, 2 tsps garlic and 3 tsps ginger in large bowl.
- Mix in rice, chicken, pineapple, kiwi, ½ cup green onions and bell pepper.
- Season to taste.
- Line bowl with lettuce leaves.
- Spoon salad into bowl.
- Sprinkle with remaining green onion and serve.
Very good supper salad which we enjoyed and I am having the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. I made a small change (based on what I had) by using mango instead of kiwi and skipping the ginger (I was out) - still delicious - but plan on making it as written next time. Thanks for sharing!