An oriental twist to a delicious chicken-rice salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, plus
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves or 12 ounces chicken tenders, cut crosswise into ½ inch wide strips
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice or 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup cubed peeled pineapple
- 1 kiwi, peeled,cubed
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 large curly lettuce leaves
- 1Mix 2 tsps soy sauce, 1 tsp oil, 2 tsps garlic and 1 tsp ginger in medium bowl.
- 2Add chicken and toss to coat.
- 3Let stand 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, bring 2 ¾ cups water to boil in medium saucepan.
- 5Add rice; return to boil.
- 6Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- 7Uncover; let stand until cool.
- 8Season chicken.
- 9Heat large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- 10Add chicken with marinade to skillet and sauté until golden-brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- 12Whisk lime juice, 1 tblp soy sauce, 2 tblsps oil, 2 tsps garlic and 3 tsps ginger in large bowl.
- 13Mix in rice, chicken, pineapple, kiwi, ½ cup green onions and bell pepper.
- 14Season to taste.
- 15Line bowl with lettuce leaves.
- 16Spoon salad into bowl.
- 17Sprinkle with remaining green onion and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple and Chicken Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.3
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 494.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 27.5 g