Recipe by jcompston
Don't be turned away by the title, this is the most delicious, decadent salad. It's almost dessert. My Grandmother created this and passed it down to me. My co-workers have come to love it and my kid's friends all beg me to make it when they come over to the house. It's also a fav for holiday dinners!
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices in syrup (do not get the pineapple tidbits)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mild cheddar cheese, cut into small bite size pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the pineapple rings reserving all the syrup. In a small saucepan combine sugar, flour, beaten eggs and reserved syrup from the can of pineapple rings. Cook the mixture over medium high heat stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat and allow sauce to cool completely.
- Cut pineapple rings into bite-size pieces. Stir completely cooled sauce, pineapple pieces, cheese pieces and mini marshmallows together until everything is well coated with sauce. Refrigerate until serving.