Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tasty snack from Australian BH&G Diabetic Living.
Make and share this Pineapple and Cheese Muffin Melts recipe from Food.com.
- 1 whole wheat English muffin (wholemeal specified)
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste (no added salt or tomato sauce salt-reduced)
- 2 pineapple (slices drained and patted dry)
- 1 slice cheddar cheese (30% fat-reduced cut into strips)
- Preheat grill/broiler to medium and put the muffin halves cut side down on grill tray and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly toasted and then remove from grill and turn over muffin halves and then spread with the tomato sauce.
- Top muffin halves with pineapple slice and cheese and then return to grill/broiler and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and serve.
Easy and tasty treat! I used provolone cheese since I had some on hand. Great as posted; next time I'll add a sprinkling of crushed red pepper flakes for a sweet/spicy kick. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
A quick and easy snack enjoyed by my daughters and husband. Reviewed for PAC March/April 2012. Photo also being posted
Very, very nice! Made the recipe as given, & we had a wonderful mid-morning snack! Was gonna make it for breakfast, but that got away from me, so I did the next best thing! Loved the combo of pineapple & cheddar! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Everyday Is a Holiday recipe tag]