1 hr 35 mins
This a recipe the was given to me by my soon-to-be mother-in-law because I told her that I would love to have recipes from my fiance's childhood to make and surprise him with. These squares are so awesome! They are not too sweet, and at great cold out of the refrigerator. I wish my mother would have known how to make them when I was a child. LoL! Thank goodness I didn't go a lifetime without them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 395.10 ml canned crushed pineapple with juice
- 453.59 g cottage cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1Mix 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a sauce pan.
- 2Stir in 1 egg yolk and pineapple.
- 3Cook over medium-medium-high heat until think.
- 4Set aside to cool completely.
- 5In a medium bowl, mix together cottage cheese and 1 egg yolk and set aside.
- 6Scald milk
- 7Add teaspoon of sugar to milk and set aside to cool to lukewarm.
- 8Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water for 1-2 minutes.
- 9Add yeast mixture to milk and set sit until lots of little bubbles form on surface.
- 10In a large bowl cut together butter and flour until in resembles a course meal.
- 11Stir yeast mixture into the flour mixture
- 12On a floured surface, roll out 2/3's of the dough to fit the bottom of a 16-10" baking pan.
- 13Spread cottage cheese mixture over dough followed by pineapple mixture.
- 14Roll out remaining dough and cut into lattice strips.
- 15Lay the strips in an over-under pattern across the top of the pineapple mixture to give the lattice effect.
- 16Cover and let rise in a moist warm area for 1 hour.
- 17Bake in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple and Cheese Lattice Squares
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.5
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 107.0 mg
- Sodium 242.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 8.4 g