Recipe by Hadice
This recipe comes from Mobile, Alabama via my in-laws. Strange combination? Yes. But it makes a sweet surprise for your holiday table or family dinner. For the cheese crackers use brands such as Cheese-Its or Cheese Nips.
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drain and reserve juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup cheese crackers, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine flour and sugar, then add 6 tablespoons of reserved pineapple juice.
- Add butter, cheese and pineapple. Mix until combined.
- Pour into 13x9 casserole dish.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350.
- Top with crackers.
- Reduce heat to 250 degrees and bake an additional 20-30 minutes.