Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This easy, 'do ahead' recipe is great for a dinner party served in pretty glasses. It also makes a perfect filling for a pavlova. It's been a family favourite of ours for over 30 years! Don't rush it though - it must be made a day ahead for the flavours to incorporate properly.
- 1 (450 g) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (250 g) container sour cream (reduced fat sour cream does not work well in this recipe)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 125 g crystallized ginger
- Drain pineapple well.
- Chop ginger roughly.
- Combine pineapple, ginger, sour cream and honey in a medium sized non-metal bowl.
- Mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave overnight for the mixture to set and the flavours to mingle.
What a lovely desert, so differant and loved the taste. I used fresh pinapple and followed your recommendation and served over a pavlova that I had made pink in honor of Valentines day. Also added 1/4 cup of sweetened coconut at DGS's request. It was lovely and tasted wonderful - something special for a special day.
Oh this was good!!! Loved the combination of tart, sweet creamy and spicy all in one refreshing and healthy dessert! I used fresh pineapple, and did not wait but gobbled this right up. Am thinking this would be good made with yogurt, as well. Made for the May 2009 Taste of Yellow and Shoot Now events in the Cooking Photos Forum. Thanks Kookaburra.