Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Simple to prepare and delicious to eat.Perfect!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup
- 1 cup chopped toasted almond
- 10 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 2⁄3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350^F.
- Butter and flour 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a larger bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and 1/4 cup butter until fluffy.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of the almonds and the pineapple with syrup.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and transfer to the baking pan.
- Bake until a tester comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Cool on a rack about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar and remaining 1/4 c butter until blended.
- Spread over warm cake and sprinkle with remaining almonds.