Recipe by chia
The original recipe is from Light & Tasty and uses margarine. I prefer the buttery taste.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
Chia, these were so wonderful and so easy to make. I don't have a processor so I just used my pastry knife or whatever it is called. I think you could probably use any kind of preserve in this recipe to change it up, but I followed the directions to the t, with the exception of the processor, but it seemed to work find. Thanks for the recipe. It will so sure go the THE COOKBOOK
- 177.44 ml flour
- 177.44 ml quick-cooking oats
- 78.07 ml brown sugar
- 73.94 ml butter
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 44.37 ml sliced almonds
- 236.59 ml pineapple preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a processor combine flour, oats, brown sugar; pulse to blend.
- Add butter and extract; pulse until crumbly.
- Remove half the mixture and stir in almonds.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 9-inch square dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the second half of the mixture to the pan, pressing down.
- Spread preserves over crust.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture with almonds on top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.