Recipe by dicentra
This is adapted from Lipsmackin Vegetarian Backpackin. Tofu would be great added to this!
- 10 ounces whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄2 cup dried shiitake mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- At home: combine and mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. Place in a zip-locking plastic bag.
- In camp: Bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Add the contents of the plastic bag.
- Stir, cover and remove from heat. Allow to rehydrate for up to 10 minutes. Fluff and serve.