Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My husband remembers his grandmother serving this cool summer slush. I keep it on hand all summer by putting cubes into zip-lock bags. Make it into ice cubes for the easiest serving option, or make it more "slushy" by freezing in a pan and scraping off layers with a spoon or using ice shaver. I usually buy a 1 quart can of pineapple juice and 12 oz cans of orange juice and just make a double batch, using half the ingredients in each blender full. Cook time is approximate freeze time.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 cups unsweetend pineapple juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 (1 liter) bottle Sprite or 1 (1 liter) bottlesierra mist carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- Combine all ingredients in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into 3 ice cube trays OR.
- Pour into 13X9 pan OR.
- Pour into Pampered Chef Ice Shaver containers (3).