Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Have not tried this yet. Given to me by someone. The instructions said this is a rich soup, so small portions recommended. From a Pueblo recipe. Serve this with Fry Bread (there are several recipes for Indian Fry Bread here on 'Zaar)
- 3⁄4 lb pine nuts, raw
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced
- 4 coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- salt and pepper, to taste
- green onion, chopped (for garnish)
- Put all ingredients (except garnish) in a large, heavy saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree soup until smooth, in batches, in a blender.
- Return to pan and reheat slowly.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with chopped green onion.
I'm not going to rate this because I haven't tried it as described here. But I have a recipe for this soup which doesn't use milk, and that's VERY flavorful. Maybe use only one cup milk for extra creamyness so that the flavors aren't drowned in it? Just an idea :)
Just not sure how to rate this - there was no body to the soup - the pine nuts where sweet and flavorful - just cant see myself making this again