Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A nice side dish for chicken or fish. Add a minced jalapeno pepper for added zing!
Make and share this Pine Nut Rice Pilaf (Piñon Rice Pilaf) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat, in an ovenproof pan. Add the garlic, cumin and oregano and cook for a minute. (Don’t let garlic brown).
- Add the rice and pine nuts and stir to coat well. Add the chicken stock, stirring well and raise the heat to high.
- When the liquid comes to a boil, cover the pot and put in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Stir to fluff and serve.
Super easy! Perfectly fluffy, tasty rice pilaf!
I've made this a few times and it comes out perfect every time. It's a keeper and goes with a lot of different dishes. Love it.
I usually find rice pilafs to be disappointingly bland, but this was wonderfully flavorful. I loved that it finishes in the oven - the rice was perfectly cooked & fluffy! Thanks mikekey!