Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Made this for my mom as a mother's day gift. Muffins are dense (the way I like them) and not too sweet. Brown sugar can be replaced with splenda.
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, not packed
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, slightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together oats, flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a big bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together milk, sugar, applesauce, eggwhite, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix.
- Fold in pine nuts.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tins sprayed with cooking spray (or lined with muffin cups).
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.