1/1 Photo of Pine Nut Hummus
Mrs Goodall's Note:
This is my take on Hummus. There is never enough garlic in the recipes I've tried so I really increased the amount. This is a recipe that seems to never come out quite the same. I don't adjust the garbanzo or tahini amounts but definitely adjust the amount of water for consistency, the garlic and spices etc. to suit your taste. This is a nice quick appetizer for pot lucks or parties. It can easily be made a day or too ahead of time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed well (chick-peas beans are the same thing)
- 2/3 cup well stirred tahini (I like Joyva brand)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted lightly
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin (or to taste)
- 3 -4 dashes hot sauce (tobasco or your favorite brand)
- 1 -2 head cilantro, chopped
- 1On a cutting board mince and mash the garlic to a paste with the salt.
- 2In a food processor puree the garbanzo/chickpeas with the garlic paste, the tahini, the lemon juice, the oil, and water, scraping down the sides, until the hummus is smooth. Add salt or more lemon juice to taste.
- 3Add water if necessary, to thin the hummus to the desired consistency (it should not be too thick).
- 4Add dashes of hot sauce, 1 cup coarsely chopped cilantro and 2 tablespoons pine nuts. Pulse the processor a few times to incorporate the nuts and cilantro.
- 5Taste, and adjust seasoning to your taste.
- 6Transfer hummus to a serving bowl, garnish with remaining whole pine nuts and chopped cilantro. Serve hummus with veggies, pita bread, naan etc.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pine Nut Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (1348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.9
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1566.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 19.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: