Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the perfect salad for a BBQ or family gathering, I like to use this as a stand-by at BBQs for my beloved vegetarian friends -- but have also thrown in some chicken and served it as a main dish with hot french bread and garlic sautéed mushrooms, red peppers and onions on the side.
For the dressing
- 118.29 ml coarsely chopped fresh parsley (or 3 tablespoons dry parsley works fine too)
- 2.46 ml basil
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese (grated or powder will work)
- 78.07 ml olive oil (I have also used coconut oil, but not recommended unless you prefer the flavor)
- 44.37-73.94 ml lemon juice (to taste)
- 44.37-73.94 ml red wine vinegar (also to taste)
- 59.14 ml pine nuts (preferably toasted)
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced (depending on how much you love garlic!)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground pepper
For the pasta
- 473.18-709.77 ml farfalle pasta (or spiral, or other, about 6 ounces)
- 1892.72 ml boiling water
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml crumbled feta cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 177.44 ml roasted red pepper, sliced in thin 1/2 strips
- 1 English cucumber (sliced at about a 1/4 inch and halved or quartered)
- Boil chosen pasta al dente, drain (stir in some butter or olive oil to keep it loose) and allow pasta to cool.
- Combine all dressing ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulse until pine nuts have broken down and all ingredients combine (Important! Add/subtract dressing ingredients too taste!).
- Combine cooled pasta, feta, roasted red peppers and cucumbers in a large mixing bowl.
- Gently stir in dressing.
- Chill for around 30 minutes to give flavors a chance to meld.
We loved the flavours and colours of this salad! We don't have a food processor, so we added the parsley, basil, parmesan and pine nuts directly to to the pasta mixture and made a dressing out of the rest. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe. :)