1/2 Photos of Pine Nut & Feta Pasta Salad
joy of jess's Note:
This is the perfect salad for a BBQ or family gathering, I like to use this as a stand-by at BBQs for my beloved vegetarian friends -- but have also thrown in some chicken and served it as a main dish with hot french bread and garlic sautéed mushrooms, red peppers and onions on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley (or 3 tablespoons dry parsley works fine too)
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated or powder will work)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (I have also used coconut oil, but not recommended unless you prefer the flavor)
- 3 -5 tablespoons lemon juice (to taste)
- 3 -5 tablespoons red wine vinegar (also to taste)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (preferably toasted)
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced (depending on how much you love garlic!)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
For the pasta
- 1Boil chosen pasta al dente, drain (stir in some butter or olive oil to keep it loose) and allow pasta to cool.
- 2Combine all dressing ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulse until pine nuts have broken down and all ingredients combine (Important! Add/subtract dressing ingredients too taste!).
- 3Combine cooled pasta, feta, roasted red peppers and cucumbers in a large mixing bowl.
- 4Gently stir in dressing.
- 5Chill for around 30 minutes to give flavors a chance to meld.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pine Nut & Feta Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.1
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 25.9 mg
- Sodium 1079.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 10.7 g