Pine Nut Crusted Haddock With Basil Sauce
- Put rack in the middle of oven. Preheat oven at 400°F.
- Fish: Put flour in a plate, egg in a second plate, pine nut and parmigiano in a third plate. Set aside.
- Add salt and pepper to the fish then flour them. Dip one side of each fillet in egg, then press the same side in the pine nut mixture.
- In a large ovenproof non-stick skillet, brown each fillet in oil at medium heat, crusted side down. Flip fillets and cook in the oven 8 to 10 minutes until fish is cooked.
- Sauce: Meanwhile, in a saucepan, soften onion and garlic in oil. Add chicken stock and bring to boil. Let simmer about 2 minutes. In a blender, reduce the stock with the herbs in a creamy puree. Add salt and pepper.
- Distribute sauce in the bottom of 4 warm plates and put the fish on top.