Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 25 mins
This is a recipe I got from a good friend. The chicken comes out crunchy and delicious.
Make and share this Pine Nut Crusted Chicken with Garlic and White Wine recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 cups white wine
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried savory or 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 (4 lb) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 4 ounces pine nuts, ground
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Combine wine, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt, savory and rosemary in a small bowl.
- Place half the marinade in a heavy duty plastic zip lock bag.
- Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade until ready to bake the chicken.
- Add the chicken to the bag, tossing to coat.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine breadcrumbs, pine nuts, paprika and remaining ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Roll chicken in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Throw out the marinade the chicken was sitting in.
- Place the chicken on a lightly greased baking pan, or on a pan covered in parchment paper.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake the chicken, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and pour reserved marinade over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour or until chicken is done and golden brown.
This recipe is fantastic. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs. The outsides were crunchy, but they were very juicy and tender on the inside. It reheated wonderfully for lunch the next day, too. It's definitely a keeper.