Recipe by Derf
Very crisp and crunchy cookies, great for picnics, packed lunches. from Cooking for Diabetics.
- 8 tablespoons low-fat margarine, i use becel
- 4 tablespoons rice syrup (almost any syrup will do, if you're not a diabetic)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2⁄3 cup pine nuts (2 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350f degrees.
- Line an 8 inch shallow square baking pan with oiled foil.
- Melt the lowfat spread and rice syrup in a small saucepan over low heat, do not let the syrup mixture boil or the cookies will be tacky rather than crisp.
- Off heat, stir in the flour, oats and pine nuts until well mixed.
- Scrape the mixture into the prepared pan and pat it out evenly with your fingers.
- Press the mixture down lightly.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned and crisp.
- Mark into squares while still warm.
- Cool slightly, then lift them out of the pan and cool on a wire rack.