Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this recipe from one of the girls I work with.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 3⁄4 cups pine nuts
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons whipping cream
- For pastry:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 8-inch square glass baking dish with foil.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until light.
- Add sugar and lemon peel and beat until light and fluffy.
- Mix flour, cornstarch and salt in small bowl.
- Add to butter mixture and mix until beginning to gather together.
- Press dough over bottom and 1 inch up sides of prepared dish.
- Pierce dough all over with fork.
- Bake until beginning to color, about 35 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven; maintain oven temperature.
- Combine butter, packed dark brown sugar and honey in heavy medium saucepan.
- Whisk over medium-high heat until mixture comes to boil.
- Boil without whisking until mixture thickens and bubbles enlarge, about 1 minute.
- Stir in pine nuts.
- Remove from heat; stir in whipping cream.
- Spread topping in crust.
- Bake until caramel bubbles, about 20 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on rack.
- Remove from pan, using foil as aid.
- Cut into squares.