Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Brie with garlic, pine nuts, sun-dried tomatoes and basil in a bread bowl. Omg.....
- 1 loaf Italian bread (like sourdough, round loaf)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 10 ounces brie round (baby brie)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, plus more for garnish
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Hollow out the bread round, reserving the top and insides.
- Spread half the butter in the hollowed-out round.
- Remove the rind and chop the Brie into pieces. Layer the Brie, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, 1/3 cup pin nuts and basil in the bread shell. Pour the remaining melted butter over the top and sprinkle with additional pine nuts.
- Bake 30 minutes or until the filling is thoroughly melted.
- Use the reserved bread pieces to dip into the mixture. When all the cheese is gone, slice the bread bowl into sections and eat. This is the best part!
I have made this numerous times and it always receives raves. The best part is the crunchy bread bowl. Delicious!!
This is awesome!! I cannot tell you enough how much we loved this as an appetizer. Instead of layering the ingredients I just chopped them up and mixed them up together. My parents just moved back from Italy and he said that it was so good it made him think of Tuscany. I would recomend making alot of this. I would just double the recipe and use a big sourdough bread bowl. I thought that the butter would make it too rich. Wrong! The butter makes it creamy and delectable!