- 2 cups couscous
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped preserved lemon, recipe above
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In shallow pan, add the couscous.
- Bring water to a simmer and pour over the couscous.
- Cover and let sit until all of the liquid as evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- In a small sauti pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onions.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sauti for 1 minute.
- Stir the onions, pine nuts, preserved lemons and parsley into the couscous and serve.