Recipe by Kelly M.
From a magazine clipping. Simple and flavorful. Salt really brings out the lemon, so be sure to taste for seasoning before serving and add a little more if necessary. Cooking time does not include cooling.
- 4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 medium lemons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Combine zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Slowly whisk in oil to juice mixture, whisking constantly until combined.
- Add orzo and toss to coat.
- Cool to room temperature and stir in parsley and pine nuts.
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt if necessary.