Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Mediterranean recipe that is great for holidays
- 1 lb white bread (about 12 cups) or 1 lb whole wheat bread, cut into 1 inch cubes (about 12 cups)
- 2 cups chopped leeks
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Place bread cubes on a baking sheet, and toast 5 to 7 minutes or until barely golden.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add leeks and celery, and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until softened. Add pine nuts, and cook a few minutes more. Transfer to a large bowl and add bread cubes, herbs, salt, pepper, and chicken broth. Toss well and adjust seasoning.
- Reduce oven to 325ºF. Transfer stuffing to baking dish, and bake 20 minutes until heated through and lightly browned on top.
This was great!! I would suggest doubling the recipe for large groups, but otherwise, outstanding!!