Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here's a delicious and colorful chicken entrcée that's quick to fix and has an oriental twist. I sometimes add some diced jalapeño pepper to this to "kick it up" a bit! It's good served with a chilled white wine, side salad and breadsticks. Originally printed on a package of pine nuts.
- 8 ounces fusilli or 8 ounces other spiral shaped pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup red bell pepper, thinly slivered
- 1 cup green bell pepper, thinly slivered
- 6 green onions, sliced with some of the green
- 4 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to directions.
- In a 325° oven lightly toast the pine nuts for 5-7 minutes, or until a light golden-brown.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil.
- Sauté chicken with peppers and onions for 5 minutes.
- Add ginger, garlic, and pine nuts and sauté for about 5 more minutes more.
- Add soy sauce and lemon or lime juice and remove from heat.
- Drain pasta well and place in a large bowl.
- Pour chicken mixture over pasta and add salt and pepper to taste or you can add the cooked pasta directly to the wok or skillet.
- Toss well to coat with chicken mixture--serve at once.
I sliced up the chicken and veggies (food processor) and sauted the main ingredients early in the day. I reheated and added the lemon soy mixture to hot freshly cooked noodles. I sampled the chicken while cooking and it was tasty, but the lemon soy sauce really makes the flavor! My daughter took one bite and said how good it was and the rest of us loved it, too. I'm going to make sure I keep pine nuts on hand. This is a recipe I will be making a lot. Roxygirl