Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
adaptation of " Shanti Gabriel’s Live Fettuccini Alfreda "
- 2 cups carrots, thinly julienned
- 4 cups zucchini, thinly julienned
- 2 cups red bell peppers, thinly julienned
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh water (Filtered, but zaar doesn't recognize filtered water)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pine nuts or 1 1⁄2 cups raw cashews
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice (preferably fresh)
- 1 tablespoon shoyu
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (can substitute Red Wine Vinegar)
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- sea salt
- Combine all Sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Combine all “Pasta” ingredients in a medium bowl and mix carefully, but thoroughly.
- Place “pasta” on two individual plates and top each with half of the sauce, or toss the sauce with the pasta in a bowl and garnish with macadamia nuts, cashews, or pine nuts.
Really Good! Get ready for garlic breath if you do the 1 1/2 tsps of raw garlic in the sauce. Might want a mint after ;o)
Absolutely stunningly delicious!!! :) This is currently my favorite find at Zarr...it includes mostly every flavor I love...I both ribbon shredded and grated my veggies for textural variations and went extra on the basil and parsley because my garden is producing so much right now...even though I did almost twice the veggies I still had extra sauce doing the amounts suggested ( which was fine by me because I swear to you it is so freaking good I could drink it by the glass full) :) FILLING and so very special- Thanks LittleSpoon This is clever, creative and fantastically GOOD!! :)
This was pretty good. I find I can usually eat 2 or even 3 servings of most raw recipes, but 1 serving of this was fine for me, as this recipe makes 2 huge servings. I was lazy and decided to use my food processor to grate the carrots, zucchini, and red bell pepper. I used dried herbs instead of fresh and the sauce was tasty. I would make this again, though I don't know if I would be able to convince my boyfriend this is a meal.