1/2 Photos of Pinchos (Spanish Kebabs/Tapas - Pork, Lamb, Prawns or Chicken)
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Enjoyed at bars all over Spain, pinchos are wonderful kebabs that taste equally good made with pork, chicken, prawns or lamb. At some bars, the seasoning is as simple as garlic and hot, sweet paprika. Here is a favorite marinade recipe for Pinchos Morunos. Recipe courtesy Anya von Bremzen, The Spanish Table. Time does not include 6-8 hours marination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon spanish sweet smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon spanish hot smoked paprika or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- coarse salt (kosher or sea)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar (good quality)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine (optional)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing the kebabs
- 1 1/2 lbs pork shoulder or 1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin or 1 1/2 lbs leg of lamb or 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts or 1 1/2 lbs prawns
- 1Place the onion, garlic, sweet and hot paprikas, 2 tsp of the salt, the oregano, peppercorns, thyme, cumin, cinnamon, bay leaf, vinegar, wine (if using) and olive oil in a mini food processor and process to a paste.
- 2Place the pork in a bowl and rub a little salt on it. Scrape the marinade into the bowl with the meat and toss to combine thoroughly.
- 3Cover the bowl and refrigerate the pork for 4-6 hours, tossing a few times. Let the meat come to room temperature before grilling.
- 4Light the grill and preheat it to medium-high or preheat a large ridged grill pan to medium-high over medium heat.
- 5When ready to cook, thread the meat onto the skewers and brush it with a little olive oil.
- 6Cook the meat, brushing with olive oil and turning once, until it is just cooked through, 5-7 minutes. (If you are cooking lamb and would like it medium-rare, don’t cook it quite so long). Serve the kebabs at once.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pinchos (Spanish Kebabs/Tapas - Pork, Lamb, Prawns or Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (818 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.2
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 60.3 mg
- Sodium 57.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 15.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar