Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Spanish tapa. This makes 12 appetizers.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 baby red potatoes or 6 baby yukon gold potatoes
- 1 chorizo sausage, cut crosswise in 12 pieces
- 3 ounces manchego cheese, cut into 12 chunks
- 12 large green olives
- Prepare a caper mayonnaise by combining mayonnaise, capers and fennel seeds; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cook potatoes in salt water until just tender, about 10 minutes (do not overcook or they will fall apart); cut in half and let cool.
- Cut the chorizo into 12 pieces or you can use thicker slices and use 2 chorizos; pan fry until cooked through.
- To assemple skewers, spread cut side of potato with a little caper mayonnaise, thread onto skewer; follow with chorizo slice, cheese, and an olive.