Recipe by NannyMarvel
Pincho Moruno is a Moorish inspired dish that has been improved (I think) by the Spaniards. It can be used with lamb or pork. I suppose you could do chicken or beef also but have never tried it with them. Recipe can be doubled, tripled, whatever without a problem.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (I use a really good oil for the intense flavor)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb lean pork, cut in 1-2 inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything together, except the pork. Pour mixture into large freezer bag. Add the meat cubes & seal the bag tightly. Scoosh (is that a word?) the bag gently until all the meat is coated. Place bag in bowl in the fridge and let mixture marinate overnight, turning occasionally.
- When ready to cook, place the meat on skewers (soak wood skewers in water for 20 minutes prior to putting the meat on them). Grill in covered BBQ over indirect heat, turning frequently until browned and cooked to your taste (slightly pink inside to well done). Slightly pink is better.