Recipe by Charles Lieberman
This might be good for a Cinco de Mayo celebration (or whenever, I'm not one to judge). I got it from work and stripped the brand names.
- 1 lb refried beans
- 4 1⁄2 ounces chopped green chilies, drained
- 12 tostadas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup diced tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Stir together beans and chiles.
- Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons bean mixture onto each tostada shell and place on large ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until hot.
- Brown beef in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently; drain.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the salsa.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until hot.
- Serve tostada shells topped with hot beef mixture, shredded lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and remaining salsa.