Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This might be good for a Cinco de Mayo celebration (or whenever, I'm not one to judge). I got it from work and stripped the brand names.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Stir together beans and chiles.
- Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons bean mixture onto each tostada shell and place on large ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until hot.
- Brown beef in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently; drain.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the salsa.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until hot.
- Serve tostada shells topped with hot beef mixture, shredded lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and remaining salsa.
I substituted cooked, shredded chicken for the beef but otherwise followed the recipe. Quick prep time and very good!
A fast, tasty way to make dinner (or lunch, I'm not one to judge). I made a few changes -- adding a tablespoon of shredded cheese on top the refried beans before baking, and cooking the beef with low-sodium taco seasoning rather than the salsa. I also used fewer chopped green chiles since I had to make my dinner kid-friendly. I really liked baking the tostada shells; it really made them taste restaurant-style. Thanks, Charles, for sharing!