Spinach lightly sautéed in butter
Make and share this Épinards En Branche (Sautéed Spinach) recipe from Food.com.
- Pull away and discard any tough stems and blemished leaves from the spinach. Rinse and drain the spinach.
- Pour the water into a kettle and bring to the boil. Add salt to taste and the spinach. Stir down to wilt. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally, and cook about 5 minutes.
- Empty the spinach into a colander and drain. Press with the back of a wooden spoon to extract most of the liquid. Squeeze between the hands to extract additional moisture.
- Put the spinach on a flat surface and chop it coarsely. Add nutmeg.
- Put the butter in a skillet and, when it starts to brown, add the spinach.
- Cook, tossing and stirring, just to heat through.
Extremely simple, and lovely taste, I love nutmeg with spinach, and sauteed in butter, yum, delcious. I scaled down the recipe for 2, I was sparing with the water, only adding what I felt I needed, and I used baby spinach leaves. Lovely recipe, thank you docholliday! Made for PAC Spring 2012