Recipe by AmyZoe
I'm not a huge zucchini bread fan, but this recipe is the exception. I didn't have any coconut or rum extract so I threw in some Rum and shredded coconut in it's place. I also used twice the amount of pecans the recipe called for. This recipe won first place at the Pennsylvania Farm Show. Recipe courtesy of Sharon Rydborn Tipton of Pennsylvania and Taste of Home. DELICIOUS!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups canola oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (chopped) or 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line the bottoms of three greased and floured 8" x 4" loan pans with waxed paper and grease the paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil, and extracts.
- Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in the zucchini, pineapple, and walnuts or pecans.
- Transfer to prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing pans to wire racks.
- Gently remove waxed paper.