Recipe by Sharlene~W
I have made this recipe for years. It is absolutely delicious. It is very easy to make and you can make a day or two ahead and keep in the freezer.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 3 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, crushed
- 2⁄3 cup angel flake coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cream cheese with sugar and rum until smooth.
- Fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping, pineapple with syrup and 2 cups of the coconut, spread in 8 inch layer pan lined with plastic wrap.
- Invert pan onto serving plate, remove pan and plastic wrap.
- Spread with remaining whipped topping and sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Cut into wedges Garnish with pineapples and cherries if desired.