Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Decadent boozey little balls made with Malibu rum--perfect for your holiday celebration! You can shape them into balls, or little oval egg-shapes for Easter. Allow flavors to mellow for one week, before eating. I like to refrigerate them and eat them cold-- fabulous!
- about 3 cups vanilla wafer, crushed (1 box)
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted (confectioner's sugar)
- 1⁄2 cup Malibu rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 tablespoons white corn syrup (Karo)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped dried pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup shredded baker's coconut
- 1⁄2 cup good quality white chocolate, melted
- In a large bowl, stir together the malibu rum, coconut extract, and the syrup.
- Gradually stir in the powdered sugar.
- Add crushed vanilla wafers, pineapple and shredded coconut.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape mixture into walnut size balls and dip into melted white chocolate, or leave them plain.
- Place each truffle into a mini-muffin paper.
- Place into an airtight container or cookie tin, with layers of parchment between the layers.
- Store covered. Serve chilled, or at room temperature.